If you're on Tik Tok or Instagram I'm sure you've seen the viral breakfast sandwich hack! When I saw it I had to give it a go because I hate making breakfast sandwiches using liquid Just Egg and it never comes out in the right shape. Plus eating a breakfast sandwich can get really messy when you have a ton of things inside it. Everything just slides out when you take a bite. This hack solves all those breakfast sandwich problems!
We're of course veganizing this hack by using Just Egg and our No Egg Seasoning to give Just Egg that perfect egg flavor, vegan bacon, green onion, spinach & pepper jack vegan cheese. Feel free to switch up this recipe to use your favorite breakfast ingredients!
- 4 slices Bread
- 1 cup Just Egg
- 1 tsp No Egg Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Spinach
- 1 cup Vegan Shredded Cheese or 2 slices (we used Miyoko's pepper jack shreds)
- 4 pieces Vegan Bacon (slices)
- Oil for cooking (about 1 Tbs)
- In a mixing bowl add Just Egg and No Egg Seasoning, whisk until combined well
- In a pan add oil on medium heat and cook the bacon on both sides
- Remove bacon and in the same pan add more oil if needed on medium heat
- Add half of the Just Egg Mixture
- Place 2 pieces of bread down on the Just Egg to coat and then flip over and lay down on uncoated side
- Cook for a couple mins or until Just Egg is mostly cooked on the bottom
- Use a spatula to flip the the bread with Just Egg over
- Spread vegan cheese on top of both pieces of bread
- Add 2 pieces of vegan bacon on one piece of bread and sprinkle green onion & spinach on the other piece of bread
- Once Just Egg is now cooked on the bottom fold the egg over and fold the bread on top of each other
- Cut in half if desired and serve hot!