Eat alongside your favorite Chinese dish, as a meal, snack or appetizer. This is a much healthier version because we cook them in an air fryer. Super flavorful and packed with many delicious ingredients including tofu scramble!
If you're craving some homemade spring rolls you'll love this simple recipe. It's got all the classic flavors of an authentic homemade Chinese spring roll. I like egg in my spring rolls so I added tofu scramble for some added protein.
We used rice wraps but you can use wheat. The rice wraps tend to be sticky and tear easily so you'll need to be very delicate with them. You could use some parchment paper to prevent them from sticking to your air frying rack.
You could also fry these in oil if you don't have an air fryer. It's probably best to deep fry and do them individually so they don't stick together if using rice wrappers.
You can even skip the wrapper and turn it into a bowl! That's what I did with the leftovers it was pretty delicious.
- 1/4 Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 cup Chinese Mushrooms (hydrated from dried, thinly sliced)
- 8oz can Bamboo Shoots (strips)
- 1 Onion (small, diced)
- 1/2 batch No Egg-O Scramble (1/2 block tofu scramble)
- 8 Spring Roll Wrappers
- 2 Tbs Tamari or Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbs Hoisin Sauce
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbs Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbs Oil
Sweet Chili Sauce:
- 2 Tbs Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbs Sriracha with garlic
- Shred cabbage, slice mushrooms and dice onion
- In large wok/pan heat up 1 Tbs oil on medium heat
- Add mushrooms, cabbage, bamboo shoots and onion and cook for about 5 min
- Add tamari, hoisin, salt and white pepper
- Mix well and continue to cook until cabbage is soft about another 5 min
- Add No Egg-O Scramble/tofu scramble and sesame oil and mix well
- Add vegetable mixture to spring roll wrapper and fold in the sides and roll closed
- Brush oil on the outside of the spring roll and add to air fryer tray/rack
- If using rice wrappers make sure the spring rolls aren't touching each other otherwise they'll stick together
- Set air fryer to 390°F and cook for 15 min or until crispy, turn halfway
- Let cool and enjoy!