These air fried cauliflower wings are a healthy option to a delicious comfort food. They're spicy, flavorful and even gluten free! Dip in your favorite sauce like ranch, blue cheese or simply on its own.
Cauliflower wings make the perfect snack, appetizer or meal. Whether you're with friends and family or flying solo. Make them for BBQ's, potlucks or whenever your in the mood for some tasty comfort food. These wings are surprisingly flavorful and have a spicy kick to them. Because they're air fried they're healthy too so you don't have to feel guilty inhaling them all. You'll be shocked how easy they are to make!
We air fried these wings but you don't have to. You can bake or deep fry them whichever you prefer. I try to use the air fryer as much as possible because I like to set it and forget it. Nothing is more satisfying than coming back to perfectly air fried food. We used a fairly small to medium sized cauliflower head but if you are using a large one you may need to make a double batch of batter.
- 1 Small/Medium Cauliflower head (cut into florets)
- 1/2 cup 1:1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour (we used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 Tbs Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt & Pepper (few cracks; about 1/8 tsp each)
- 1/4 cup Hot Water
- 1 tsp No Chick Bouillon
- 1/4 cup Frank's Hot Sauce
- 1 Tbs Vegan Butter (melted)
- 2 Tbs Maple Syrup
- Wash and cut the cauliflower into florets
- Preheat air fryer 350°F for 5 min
- Add all the flour mix ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk
- In a small bowl melt the butter in the microwave for about 15 seconds
- Add the rest of the liquid mix ingredients to the butter and whisk until mixed well
- Add cauliflower to the mixing bowl and coat well
- Let excess drip off before placing in air fryer basket make sure they do not touch
- You may need to do 2 batches depending on your air fryer basket size
- Air fry for about 15 min or until lightly browned
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce or enjoy on its own