This traditional Cantonese soup is filled with sweet corn and egg. You'll be amazed that this recipe is actually vegan. We veganized it using Just Egg and our No Egg Seasoning. There's so many incredible vegan alternatives these days so you don't have to miss any of your favorite foods again!
My mom is Cantonese so we always eat family style Chinese food for dinner. Soup was always traditionally eaten last in our home but typically the first course when eating at Chinese restaurants. One of the favorite soups my mom would make was corn and egg soup.
Now that there are vegan products on the market like Just Egg which cooks just like real egg I had to veganize this soup. It's super quick and easy to make, ready in just 15 minutes! This recipe is enough to make about 4 servings.
- 1 can Cream Style Corn
- 4 cups Water
- 1/2 tsp No Egg Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Just Egg
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- Optional: Green Onion (chopped)
- 2 Tbs Tapioca Starch
- 4 Tbs Water
- Use a large pot on medium to high heat
- Add can of cream corn to pot and add water, salt and pepper
- Mix well, cover and bring to a boil
- Once boiling reduce heat to simmer
- Now slowly add in the Just Egg and stir until cooked
- In small bowl make tapioca slurry: add tapioca starch and water
- Whisk until mixed well
- Slowly add the slurry to soup while stirring until thickened
- Remove from heat and serve hot
- Optional: garnish with chopped green onion