If you're a fan of pasta you'll love this creamy recipe! Pasta is a quick and delicious meal we like to cook at least once a week. We usually use red lentil penne pasta for that extra protein. You can use your favorite kind of pasta: wheat, brown rice, lentil, fettuccine, macaroni, fusilli, farfalle, you name it!
This recipe uses our No Chick Bouillon to give it that perfect chicken flavor. Super creamy, full of protein & fiber this recipe is a winner! If you're tired of tomato sauce and looking to switch things up this recipe is for you. This recipe is not only delicious it's super easy and quick to make!
We usually like to cook our pasta in an instant pot but haven't tested this recipe out in it yet. Cooking instructions for an instant pot coming soon! For now this is a stove top recipe so it will take slightly longer than throwing everything into an instant pot and hitting start.
- 8 oz Dried Pasta (we used gluten free red lentil penne)
- 1 can 13.5 oz Coconut Milk (full fat)
- 2 tsp No Chick Bouillon
- 1 Tbs Vegan Butter (we used Earth Balance)
- 8 oz Mushrooms (we used white, sliced)
- 1/2 cup Artichoke (we used marinated, chopped)
- 1/2 cup Onion (diced)
- 2 Tbs Brown Rice Flour
- 1 Tbs Cooking Wine
- 1 Tbs Tamari (you can use soy sauce or coconut aminos instead)
- Pepper to taste
- Optional: faux chicken
- Cook pasta al dente based on box instructions (every brand & kind is different)
- Strain and set aside
- Slice mushrooms, dice onions & chop artichoke
- In a pan on medium heat add vegan butter, mushrooms & onions
- Cook for a few minutes and then add in the artichokes
- Stir occasionally and cook for another few mins (until onions are translucent)
- In a mixing bowl add coconut cream, No Chick Bouillon, brown rice flour, cooking wine & tamari
- Whisk until smooth
- Add mixture to pan with mushrooms on low/medium heat
- Stir occasionally to prevent clumping and sticking to the bottom
- Cook until sauce thickens and simmering about 5 mins
- Add cooked pasta to pan, mix well & enjoy!
- We served our pasta with some vegan chicken drumsticks
- Feel free to add your favorite faux chicken!