These ultimate breakfast burritos are stuffed with tofu scramble, tater tots, sausage links and cheese. They're air fried leaving the burritos perfectly crispy and melted cheese on the insides. Super hearty comforting they'll leave you full and satisfied.
If you're gluten free you know the struggles of finding good gluten free burritos. We've tried the Daiya breakfast burritos but they just weren't satisfying. Mainly filled with potatoes and I wasn't too impressed with their tofu scramble. We use our No Egg Seasoning to make the tofu scramble in this recipe so it tastes just like egg!
We like to make a huge batch of these so we can put them in the fridge and just microwave them when we're in the mood. Feel free to cut this recipe in half if you don't want to make that big of a batch.
To make these gluten free we use brown rice tortillas you can get them from Trader Joe's or you can get the Food for Life brand in most grocery stores. If you don't have a wheat issue then definitely use regular flour tortillas. Because the rice tortillas are a little tricky to get soft I recommend steaming them and keeping them in the steamer until you're ready to wrap them. This will prevent them from cracking when folding. If you're using flour tortillas all you need to do is heat them up in a frying pan until they're soft.
- 6 Brown Rice Tortillas
- 1 block Firm Tofu
- 3 tsp No Egg Seasoning
- 8 oz Tater Tots
- 8 Breakfast Sausage Links (we used The Meatless Farm Co.)
- 1 cup Daiya Cheddar Cheese Shreds
- Cook the tater tots follow cooking directions on bag. We used an air fryer to cook ours
- Cook the tofu scramble by adding crumbled tofu and No Egg Seasoning to frying pan
- Stir occasionally until cooked about 7 min
- Cook the breakfast sausage links in a frying pan follow package cooking instructions
- Slice the sausage and then pan fry for an additional few min
- Steam the tortillas for about 5 min
- Turn off heat and keep covered
- Remove one tortilla from steamer
- Add cheese, tofu scramble, sausage and tater tots
- Be sure not to add too much filling or they won't stay closed
- Fold sides in and roll burrito closed
- In an air fryer or in a frying pan with oil fry the burrito with the opening on the bottom
- Air fry at 360°F for 6 min
- This will help keep the burrito from opening up and gives it a nice crunch
- Repeat until all burritos are done. We can only fit 2 burritos in the air fryer at a time
- Cut in half and add your favorite burrito toppings (guacamole, salsa, sour cream, enchilada sauce, hot sauce, etc.)