Our first French Toast recipe was okay but it didn't have that same texture traditional French Toast gave. We've tweaked our recipe and have an incredible new recipe to share! This French Toast recipe tastes just like the real thing!
So our first French Toast recipe we used just plant based milk and our No Egg Seasoning and we noticed it didn't have that batter crispy outside and soft soggy inside. We we hit the test kitchen again and played around until we got the perfect recipe and here it is!
This recipe uses our No Egg Seasoning and it can't be purchased online yet but subscribe to our newsletter (bottom of the page that says "Want more?" to be notified when we launch our pre-sales coming soon! In the meantime, you can just use some black salt, it definitely won't be the same but it'll add that eggy flavor.
- 8 slices of bread
- 1 cup milk (we used homemade cashew milk)
- 1/2 block of tofu
- 1/2 TBS No Egg Seasoning
- Oil for frying
- Sugar (we used organic because some sugars aren't vegan!)
- Add all ingredients to a blender
- Blend until smooth
- Add batter to a large bowl
- Dip bread into the batter to cover completely
- In a frying pan add vegan butter or a high temperature oil on medium heat
- Fry battered bread until golden yellow/slightly brown
- Flip and fry the other side
- Serve with your favorite French Toast topping like fruit, maple syrup, butter or more!