Soy curls make the perfect meat alternative and go great with just about anything! Learn how to cook perfect soy curls with this easy recipe. Now you can make soy curls taste just like chicken with our No Chick Bouillon!
In my article The Secret Behind “Natural” Foods And What To Look Out For I talk about textured vegetable protein or TVP and how it’s made with hexane. Hexane is a by-product of gasoline and is a toxic chemical if inhaled. After lots of research I finally found Butler’s Soy Curls which uses water instead of hexane to extract the oils from the soy bean. I love to use soy curls as a chicken substitute and flavor them using my No Chick Bouillon. That combination is a winner! Goes great with everything, enjoy!
Watch our YouTube video that will show you exactly how to make these soy curls taste just like chicken!
- 2 cups Butler Soy Curls
- 2 cups Water
- 1 1/2 Tbs No Chick Bouillon
- No oil option soy curls will be tender
- Add oil for crispy texture
- Bring water to a boil in large sauce pan
- Add No Chick Bouillon and reduce heat to medium
- Stir until bouillon dissolves
- Add soy curls and simmer uncovered
- Soy curls will be tender once all the liquid has evaporated
- For crispy texture add oil and cook for another 5 min
Use with anything! Serve with rice, pasta, put on pizza, cook in sauce, add to salads, soup... Use like Chicken :)