Hi There! Welcome to this awesome pasta recipe, where I'll tell you exactly how to make delicious, vegan/gluten free pasta dinner recipe, high in protein (about 18g per serving, makes 4 servings) so you can BULK UP!
Not why you're here? Fair enough. That's not why I made it lol... BUT, if you're concerned with protein and want a deliciously vegan way to improve on that macro, you're in the right spot.
CHECK OUT THE VIDEO:
SOME TIPS UP FRONT:
You'll want to use Lentil Pasta (we like penne style), because it gives you a ton of protein and actually has the best texture (in my opinion) of all the GF pasta options. Yes. I've tried ALL of them.
Use a vegan meat you enjoy. We like Beyond, not everyone does. You can use Soy Curls too, and btw here's how to cook those:
THAT IS ALL! HERE ARE THE INGREDIENTS AND STEPS:
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 680 ml tomato sauce
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts
- 2 tbsp of your favorite high temp (We use safflower)
- 4 oz vegan meat
- 1 box (8 oz) red lentil penne pasta
- Hand full of your favorite, pre shredded or shredded from block (Daiya, etc)
- Over low - medium heat, add: Oil, Onion, Garlic.
- Let simmer and stir for 5-10 minutes, or until onion starts to turn translucent (that's a fun word :)
- Next add: Mushrooms, Bell peppers, Vegan meat.
- Simmer and stir occasionally until vegan meat is about cooked.
- Add: Spinach, Tomato sauce, Artichokes, Basil, Rosemary.
- Simmer on Medium Heat for about 10 minutes.
- Now let's start the pasta.
- Bring 6-8 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add pasta, boil for 8-10 minutes (unless package says otherwise).
- After cooked, dump in strainer and run cold water over it (to stop from cooking).
How To Finish:
- Add: Pasta
- Stir until pasta is coated with sauce.
- Add: Cheese
- Cover, let cheese melt for about 5 minutes.
VOILA! You're done : ) Let us know how it turned out in the comments here, or on our YouTube recipe page: