If you're looking for a way to make healthy and delicious vegan chicken at home this recipe is for you! Let's be honest the vegan chicken you can buy in the grocery store is delicious but it's super expensive and made of a bunch of random ingredients. You can now make amazing vegan chicken with only 2 simple ingredients!
You'll need canned young green jackfruit in brine or water. Make sure it's not sweet jackfruit. The second ingredient will give it that amazing chicken flavor, No Chick Bouillon!
This vegan shredded chicken goes great in tacos, salad, sandwiches, enchiladas, use it as you would regular chicken.
- 2 - 20oz cans Young Green Jackfruit (in brine or water)
- 2 tsp No Chick Bouillon
- 1 cup Hot Water
- Oil for frying (optional)
- Cut the cores off the jackfruit
- Smash jackfruit and remove seeds until you're left with shreds
- Rinse jackfruit and squeeze out the water using a cheesecloth
- Add jackfruit into a bowl and set aside
- In another bowl make broth
- Add hot water and 1 tsp of No Chick Bouillon
- Stir until dissolved
- Pour broth over the jackfruit ensuring it is completely submerged
- Cover and marinate in the fridge for about an hour
- In a large pan on medium high heat add the jackfruit and broth
- Bring to a boil and allow the broth to cook off
- Add some oil and 1 tsp of No Chick Bouillon
- Mix and cook for about 5 mins, stirring occasionally
- Serve in tacos, salads, sandwiches or with your favorite dish!