Looking to spice up your rice? This recipe will give your rice an incredible flavor and goes perfect with just about any dish.
Yellow rice gets its yellow color from turmeric which is a great anti-inflammatory. In this recipe we use No Chick Bouillon because it seriously gives any dish incredible flavor!
You can cook this recipe on the stove top, rice cooker or even an instant pot. We will be making our in a rice cooker but we'll give you the instructions to make it on the stove or instant pot.
This summer we are doing a series of summer recipes and we think this dish would make a great side dish for summer potlucks or BBQs!
- 1 cup Long Grain White Rice
- 1 Tbs No Chick Bouillon
- 2 cups Water (1 cup if cooking in instant pot)
- 1/4 cup Onion (diced)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced/crushed)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- Optional: fresh herbs for garnish
- Wash rice about 3 times or until the water runs clear
- Chop onion, garlic & herbs if using
- Drain rice and add all ingredients into pot except fresh herbs if using
- Mix all the ingredients well
- If cooking in rice cooker set to white rice setting or if using instant pot pressure cook on HIGH for 2 minutes then slow release after 10 mins
- If cooking on stove top cover pot with lid and bring to a boil
- Once boiling reduce to a simmer (do not remove lid while it's cooking!)
- Simmer rice for about 20 mins
- Once cooked use a wood spoon to fluff the rice and scrape the rice off the edges of the pot
- Serve hot and garnish with fresh chopped herbs if desired