One of my favorite foods growing up was lasagna so for my birthday that just past in October my husband Sean made me a vegan gluten free lasagna. It was so delicious we've made it multiple times since then. The ingredient that really stuck out in my head was the basil cashew ricotta cheese. By itself and inside the lasagna let me say the it was right on!
I can't get enough of it! The recipe is full of flavor and has the right consistency. Use this cheese as a layer in your lasagna, stuff in pasta shells or cannelloni, spread on toast or crackers or anyway your lil heart desires! <3
Also, this recipe is super easy and fast to make!! :D
Enjoy!! #helladelicious #hellaphatvegan
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup nut milk (I used cashew)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add [A] to a medium pan and bring to a boil
- Prepare [B] peel the garlic, wash and chop the basil and measure out the nut milk & salt
- When [A] has reached a boil drain and add to a blender
- Then add [B] to [A] in the blender
- Pulse until blended well. Should have a slightly chunky texture
- Use in your favorite pasta dish or serve with crackers!
Recipe adapted from Paleo (and Vegan) Zucchini Lasagna With Cashew Cheese from Healthy Recipe Ecstasy.