These cheesy biscuit balls make great appetizers or as a side to any dish. These are also great covered in gravy. Filled with cheesy goodness you'll be wanting more!
This was my first attempt at making vegan gluten free bread. I'm not quite a baker so I'm hoping to get better with some practice. It didn't turn out how I was expecting but still amazingly delicious!
These biscuit balls are filled will cheesy deliciousness and baked to perfection. Cover these with my Thick Country Gravy or enjoy with your favorite soup! #hellagood #hellaphatvegan
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 1/2 tbs Dry Yeast
- 2 cups Gluten Free Flour Mix or Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- (2 tbs Xanthan Gum - If your gluten free flour mix doesn't have it)
- 1 tbs Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 x 2 cup Vegan Butter, melted [total of 1/2 cup, separated]
- Cut block of vegan cheese into 1 inch cubes. I used Daiya cheddar and gouda
- I love jalapeños in mine so I diced up some canned jalapeños, feel free to add your favorite ingredient
- Combine [A] in a medium sized bowl, whisk together to dissolve and set aside about 5-10 min
- In large mixing bowl combine [B] and mix together until combined
- Add [A] and the 1/4 cup of melted vegan butter to [B] and mix well until the dough cleans the side of the bowl
- Add more water if too dry or add more flour if too wet
- Lay down some flour on your surface and knead the dough
- Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a towel
- Keep in a warm place for 20 minutes
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet
- Roll the dough into rounds
- Place a cube of cheese into each round and pinch the dough tightly at the seams and then roll it into a ball
- Place the ball pinched side down on the baking sheet 2 inches apart
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise again in a warm place for another 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Brush 1/4 cup of melted vegan butter over the tops of the rolls
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Brush the rolls again with 1/4 cup melted vegan butter and put in the oven for another 10 min until golden brown
- Remove from the oven and let cool
- They're really good with gravy! I added some Thick Country Gravy (v/gf) on top and sprinkled home dried Thyme on top.
Recipe adapted from my Cheese Zombies and Gluten Free Pepperoni Pizza Rolls.