This tater tot casserole is the ultimate comfort food! Filled with creamy alfredo sauce, green beans, beefy crumbles, mushrooms, and cheese topped with crispy tots.
This recipe is perfect when you're in need of a comforting meal to warm your belly. You'll be shocked that this casserole is not only gluten-free but vegan! With so many alternative beef crumbles on the market you'll be able to make this casserole super meaty. We used Beyond Meat but you can use your favorite beef replacement. We also used Violife shredded Colby Jack cheese shreds but feel free to use your favorite shredded vegan cheese.
This casserole is not only delicious but it's simple to make as well! Takes only 40 minutes and contains about 6 servings. Perfect for meal prepping or feeding the whole family.
You'll need a 9" pie dish, if you don't have one you can use a square dish. I used a non-stick dish but you can also use glass. For this recipe you'll also need about 1 2/3 cup (about 400 ml) of our Alfredo sauce or you can use store bought.
- 16 oz bag Tater Tots
- 1 cup Cheese (shredded, we used Violife Colby Jack)
- Another 1/4 cup Cheese for topping
- 1 - 14.5 oz can Green Beans
- 8 oz Mushrooms (sliced, we used white)
- 8 oz Beefy Crumbles (we used 2 Beyond Burger patties)
- 1 cup Onion (diced)
- 1 2/3 cups (about 400 ml) Alfredo Sauce
- 1 Tbs Oil for frying (we used safflower)
- 1 Tbs Oil coat pie dish
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Dice onions and slice mushrooms
- In a pan on medium heat add oil
- Cook onions until translucent, about 3 min
- Add beefy crumbles, if using Beyond burger patties break up into crumbles
- Cook for about 5 min, stirring occasionally
- Add mushrooms and cook another 5 min
- Turn heat off and add 1 cup of cheese, green beans and Alfredo sauce
- Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well
- Coat the 9" pie dish with oil
- Add filling to pie dish and smooth the top
- Add the tater tots on top
- Bake in the oven for 20 min
- Remove and add the remaining cheese on top
- Bake for another 10 min
- Serve hot!