If you love eggplant you'll love this beefy stuffed recipe! This dim sum favorite uses Chinese eggplant and stuffed with beefy goodness. Enjoy dim sum from home with all your favorite dim sum dishes.
I've been missing dim sum as you can tell by all the dim sum recipes I've been making lately like Cheung Fun Rice Rolls and Beefy Stuffed Cheung Fun. This particular dish isn't one my family would get very often. Are there foods you never cared for before going vegan and now that you're vegan you want crave them? I definitely feel this way about this dish. We had some Chinese eggplant in the fridge so I decided it was time to veganize this dish. I'm so glad I did it was too delicious and it was super easy to make! I'll definitely be making this again.
Traditionally this dish is cooked by frying it in a pan but I wanted to make it a little healthier so I cooked it in an air fryer. It's definitely a little drier than if I had cooked it in a pan but it still came out amazing! Eat this dish for dim sum with other delicious dishes, with rice and veggies or on it's own.
- 2 Chinese Eggplants
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbs Oil (I used Sunflower Oil)
- 2 Beyond Burger Patties
- 1 Tbs Tamari
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbs Water
- Slice eggplant by cutting a slit into it and then cut into a thick slice with the slit in the middle. Will look like 2 slices that are connected on one end
- Sprinkle salt on the tops and the bottoms of the slices and let stand for 15 min
- In a mixing bowl add all the beefy stuffing ingredients and mix well
- Pat dry all the water that has sweat from the eggplant with a clean kitchen towel
- Add all the slices to a mixing bowl and drizzle oil over the eggplant and mix well so they are all coated with oil
- Open the slices and use a fork to stuff with meat mixture
- Place all pieces on air fryer tray
- Cook on 390°F for about 15 min or until browned on top flip half way through
- You can cook in a pan with oil if you don't have an air fryer. Cook both sides until browned and meat is cooked about 5 min each side
- Serve hot