We've taken 2 favorite comfort foods and turned them into 1 mind-blowing dish! Nacho mac & cheese will satisfy that comfort food craving. We use our cashew nacho cheese recipe to take mac & cheese to a whole new level. Don't forget to add all your favorite nacho toppings to make a dish you can't resist!
We topped our nacho mac with pickled jalapeños, beans, taco beefy crumbles, diced tomatoes, homemade sour cream and cilantro. Feel free to adjust this recipe to include your favorite toppings. If you prefer leave the toppings off for a creamy cheesy spicy plain mac & cheese. Either way you will love this recipe!
For the taco beefy crumbles we broke up Beyond burgers and seasoned it to make taco meat. Feel free to use your favorite beefy crumble.
- 1 batch Cashew Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 12 oz Macaroni Noodles (we used brown rice for gluten free)
- 3 Tbs Jalapeños Peppers (pickled, sliced)
- 1/2 cup Beans (cooked, we used pinto)
- 1/4 cup Tomato (diced)
- 2 Tbs Onion (diced)
- 8 oz Beefy Crumbles (we used 2 Beyond Burgers)
- 1 Tbs Cilantro (chopped)
- 2 Tbs Water
- Sour Cream to top
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- Make nacho cheese sauce and sour cream
- Cook macaroni noodles based on package instructions (all brands/types are different)
- Drain macaroni and set aside
- Chop onions, tomato and cilantro
- Drain and rinse beans
- In frying pan on medium heat add oil, beefy crumbles, taco seasoning & water
- Mix well and continue to cook for about 7 mins
- Remove from pan and set aside
- In pan add drained macaroni noodles and nacho cheese sauce
- Mix well, add toppings & serve hot!