Never buy store bought sour cream again! This vegan cashew sour cream taste amazingly like the real deal. Most store bought brands can't compare to this creamy sour cream recipe!
We love to make sour cream at home because let's face it store bought just doesn't taste like well sour cream. We use cashews to make this recipe because it makes the perfect creamy texture. Full of protein, no dairy or cholesterol your body with thank you! You can use this sour cream recipe on so many amazing dishes including our nacho mac & cheese, tostadas, chili and so much more! You'll be glad you found this recipe! We like to put ours into a squeeze bottle for easy application.
- 1/2 cup heaping Raw Cashews
- 2 cups Water
- 3/4 cup Cashew Water
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- 3 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Boil cashews in water for 5 min
- Save 3/4 cup of the cashew water (water used to boil the cashews)
- Drain the remaining water
- To a blender add cashews, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and 1/2 cup cashew water
- Blend smooth
- Store in airtight container in fridge for up to 7 days