If you're looking for an amazing appetizer that is filled with flavor, amazing ingredients and that's shockingly vegan you've come to the right place!
I received a gift card to GTFO it's vegan and decided to buy as much deliciousness as possible. One of the items I picked up was Peaceful Rebel Colorado Blue cheese. I've been wanting to make a vegan version of buffalo chicken jalapeño poppers so now was the perfect opportunity!
You can use any kind of vegan blue cheese that you can find. The Follow Your Heart blue cheese is actually pretty good and similar to Peaceful Rebel's. I was able to find it at my local Whole Foods so it can be easier to find. This recipe also calls for my jackfruit chicken recipe which can be found here.
For this recipe I used black jalapeños which ended up being way smaller than typical jalapeños so keep that in mind. If you are using large ones I'd recommend either doubling the recipe or use half the amount of jalapeños.
- 13 Jalapeños (small, I used black. Double ingredients below if using large ingredients)
- 1/2 cup Jackfruit Chicken
- 1/8 cup Hot Sauce (I used Franks Red Hot)
- 1/8 cup Cream Cheese (I used Kite Hill)
- 1/8 cup Cheddar Shreds (I used Violife)
- 1/8 cup Blue Cheese (I used Peaceful Rebel)
- 1 tsp Green Onion (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Cut jalapeños in half (PSA: wear gloves or cover hands in vegetable oil before cutting the jalapeños to prevent getting jalapeño oil on your hands aka spicy hands)
- Remove seeds with a spoon and discard (if you prefer spicy save some seeds to add to stuffing)
- In a mixing bowl add remaining ingredients and mix well
- Stuff jalapeño halves and place on an oiled baking dish
- Bake for 18-20 mins or until the filling starts to bubble and jalapeños have softened
- Serve with your favorite sauce, we used ranch dressing